Now that a little chill is felt in the air, nothing can be better than the comfort of a fireplace to enjoy a good and creamy cup of hot chocolate while planning your next vacation in the sun.
Here are 5 quick recipes to make scrumptious hot chocolate!
Simple Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow
- 565 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate or cocoa powder
- Few small marshmallows
- Sugar (Optional)
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- In two mugs put a spoonful of hot milk
- Add 1 tablespoon of chocolate to each mug and stir until dissolving.
- Divide the marshmallows between the mugs and cover with the rest of the hot milk and stir well.
- Decorate with some marshmallows and sprinkle with chocolate powder.
Grandma’s Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 1 liter of milk
- 6 tablespoons of chocolate powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 coffee cup of chocolate liquor
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan, except the liquor in medium heat until starting to boil.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate liquor.
- Stir well and serve hot.
Hot chocolate with Orange
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate powder
- 2 pieces cinnamon stick
- 1/4 unit sliced orange
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder
- In a pan, mix the milk, the condensed milk, the chocolate and the coffee.
- Add the cinnamon and the sliced orange peel and let it boil.
- Remove the orange slices.
- Decorate with whipped cream and, on top, sprinkle some cinnamon powder.
Hot Chocolate with Pepper
- 50 ml milk cream
- 70 g half bitter chocolate
- 1 young or black pepper
- 150 ml of milk
- Heat the milk cream; add the bittersweet chocolate until it forms a homogeneous cream and reserve.
- Cut the pepper in half, remove the seeds and add to the milk.
- Boil the milk with the pepper.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate cream.
- Stir well and serve.
Hot Chocolate with Nutella
- 200 ml whole milk or skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 1/2 tablespoon extract or vanilla essence
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of Nutella
- Sugar – optional
- In a pan, heat the milk until it is hot.
- Add the chocolate powder and the cornstarch in little portion while stirring.
- Add the vanilla extract and then the Nutella.
- Continue stirring until become creamy.
- When it starts to boil, turn off the heat and serve in mugs.
- Decorate with whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon powder