When your sweet tooth is begging for chocolate ice cream:
It’s after dinner and your body knows that’s the time when you usually get a little insulin spike in the form of chocolate ice cream (or whatever your dessert vice may be). It’s time to forget about the liver damage, blood sugar ups and downs, and tooth decay that sweet things can cause. Leave the ice cream in the freezer and grab one of these options!
- A banana with organic nut butter (almond or peanut butter)
- Berries in plain yoghurt with honey and granola
- Organic dark chocolate squares
- A smoothie with bananas, cocoa powder and berries.When you crave a good crunch:
Sometimes we like the texture of a food more than its actual flavour. When you’re in need of a crunch, you usually reach for chips and crackers. But try out these naturally crunchy bites instead!
- Unsalted almonds
- Carrots and celery with a hummus dip
- A crisp apple with nut butterWhen your stomach is growling and you need something quick:
You’re too busy to cook a big meal, so you’re scoping out the fridge for something to grab. Don’t reach for last night’s pizza, try one of these amazingly fast options.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Protein Smoothie
- A tofu omelette with spinach and red peppers
- Chickpea salad
When you’re struggling to wake up or need energy for your big workout:
Just dragging yourself around and need a pick-me-up? Forget coffee or something sugar-filled. Go for one of these delicious snacks.
- A handful of walnuts
- Green kale smoothie
- Dry roasted edamame
- Whole grain cerealWhen its midnight and you need something before bed:
Late night snack sessions can be the true downfall of a good diet and exercise routine. This behaviour can throw off your metabolism and land you in a dreaded weight loss plateau. Try curbing this habit with these awesome late night snacks!
- Camomile tea and raw honey
- Blueberries in greek yoghurt
- Baked kale chips
- A few strawberries dipped in vegan chocolate mousse
When you’re so busy there is no time for a meal:
We’ve all been there. Strapped for a time in the morning and rushing out the door on an empty stomach. Again, this is detrimental to maintaining a healthy regimen so try these snack ideas when you’re in a rush.
- Protein shake
- Unsalted almonds
- Fresh fruit such as a banana
- Carrots and hummus
Check it out here: https://www.muthuhotels.com/clube-praia-da-oura/en/offers/mgm-muthu-family-holidays.html and book directly on the website! Look at our website: www.muthuhotels.com or book directly with a call (+351) 289 249 928